FRI 7th NOV
- 7:30 pm Borris Vocational School
- Festival Opening and Reception
- 8.15 pm Borris Vocational School
- Natural Grace: Irish Music and Martin Hayes (2012) Dir Art O’Briain 78 mins.
- Screening followed by a selection of Traditional Music’ from the ‘Grúpa Cheoil’ at Borris Vocational School
SAT 8th NOV
- 11.00 am Borris Library
- The Secret World of Arriety (2010) G dir. Hiromasa Yonebayashi 95 min. Suitable for children 5 yrs upwards, FREE event.
- 11am Rathanna Hall
- The Cup (1999) PG dir. Khyentse Norbu suitable for older children who can read subtitles, 93 min
- 12.30pm O’Shea’s Pub
- The Irish Pub (2013) dir. Alex Fagan 76min. FREE event.
- 2pm – 5.30 pm Borris House
- Blind Spot-exhibition of artists films FREE event. Also TOUR of Borris House at 2.30 (€10 per person)
- 2 pm Rathanna Hall
- 3pm Borris Town Hall
- Spirited Away (2001) PG Dir. Hayao Miyazaki 125 mins
- 3pm Borris Lodge Nursing Home
- The Glen Miller Story (1954) Director Anthony Mann 113 mins G cert. Invitation only event – friends and family of residents. FREE event.
- 4pm Hollywood Forest, Killedmond
- Resiliencies – Stories Of Transformation From Within A Small South Carlow Forest 40 mins. Numbers for this event are limited.
- 4pm Borris House
- The Rabbit and the Teasel (2014) Director Els Dietvorst, Cert G
- 7pm Borris Town Hall
- Local Hero (1983) PG dir. Bill Forsyth 111 mins PG
- 9pm Borris House
SUN 9th NOV
- 5.00 pm Killoughternane Hall
- A selection of Michael Fortune’s films including ‘The Banshee Lives in the Handball Alley’ with Aileen Lambert, 30 mins and The Last Storyteller (2002) dir Des Bell 55 mins.
- The screening will be followed by an informal discussion on oral history and cinema with Michael Fortune and Lisa Godson NCAD.
- 7.30 pm Blackstairs Eco Trails, Killedmond
or €5 at the door
See EARLY BIRD and meal offers in local restaurants